Sunday, April 5, 2015

April Update

My exercise "coach" has turned me on to green smoothies.  She makes them for us after we work out.  I was skeptical at first, but they are actually okay.  I'll even go so far as to say some of them are tasty.  I've taken to making green smoothies for my breakfast on the days we don't work out.  I've tried different concoctions, but pretty much toss in some greens (spinach mostly, but maybe some kale or arugula), some fruit (frozen berries, bananas, pineapple, whatever), some liquid (water, nut milk, coconut water) and maybe some seeds (chia, flax).  I think they are helping with my cravings because I seem to be craving less sweet stuff throughout the day.  (I made one smoothie that was super yummy with spinach, banana and peanut butter, but holy calories!)

I know you are only supposed to weigh yourself once a week, but I pretty much weigh myself every time I go to the bathroom.  And my weight bounces all over the place.  I'm only recording my "official" weight once a month at this point and I'm going off my doctor's scale.  Because I'm so overweight (and have thyroid issues and a tweaked back), I am checking in with my doctor monthly at least until I get this weight loss ball rolling.

My doctor was pleased with my weight loss for the month of March.  She gave me a high five.  I was pleased too.  But is the weight loss ever enough?  If you lose 10 lbs, do you wish you'd have lost 12?  If you lose 15 lbs, do you wish you'd have lost 18?  Sigh.  With that said, I lost 13 lbs.




February 2015:  275 lbs
March 2015:  269 lbs (-6)
April 2015:  256 lbs (-13) (-19 total)

No comments:

Post a Comment